26 January 2006

The Best Italian Bakery/Deli in Kansas City


The results are in and Cupini's has been voted the best Italian Bakery/Deli in Kansas City. The results were tabulated after polling the entire Strickland extended family. This is also the place to go if you'd like some truly fresh pasta without having to break out your own pasta machine.

I stopped by here on my way home from my doctor's appointment (which by the way consisted of a five hour wait with a package of chocolate doughnuts as my only form of nourishment) to pick up some awesome bread, they call Italian baguette. I had mixed up some pesto dipping oil and needed some bread to soak up the goodness. They now have a bakery/market next door to the deli so I stopped by here first to pick up the bread. There I noticed their cooking classes under Chef Franco. I must attend their dessert class if I ever can dig up the money to spare.

I couldn't resist a dessert and the pickings were rather slim at the bakery so I trotted next door to see what the deli could offer. By happenstance there was a cooking class getting ready to start in the back of the restaurant. I decided to pick up a cannoli for Rob and my mother got a side of olives in oil, vinegar, and spices (I swear that woman's pickling herself from the inside out). I decided to get a slice of tiramisu, I definitely needed a little pick-me-up. It, not unlike all the other desserts I've sampled here, kicked ass.

Over at the deli I happened to notice a sign for their Valentine's day offerings. Like many restaurants they are having a special menu for Valentine's day dinner. I thought this might be helpful for those who, unlike me, will actually have a Valentine this year. Beef Wellington and chicken Romeo and Juliette were two of the choices for their dinner offerings. They're also making heart cakes and chocolate covered strawberries that you can pick up on your way home. It'd be quite easy to impress your significant other this way. I recommend getting off work a little early, picking up the supplies on the way home, hiding all traces of take-out evidence, and taking all the credit yourself. I would say this should definitely get you laid and if it doesn't, dump them now because all hope of ever getting laid is lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home