01 February 2006

Holiday Crap Aside

This week has been pretty good so far. Sunday I went to a church voluntarily for the first time. It was interesting. Universal Unitarianism may be as close as I could ever come to a religion that sums up my beliefs; hell there are even some atheists who attend this church. The sermon was on fascism in the United States; it was a bit more like a political rally then a sermon but that's why I attended in the first place. I don't know that I'll go regularly or anything but it was nice to actually feel like there are people here in Overland Park, Kansas who are actually somewhat liberal. I was beginning to wonder. The only parts that were awkward for me were the group singing and the greeting part. I don't like to be forced to be social.

After church I went to Bo Lings for a little Chinese New Year's Eve celebration of my own. Don't trying going to the locations with Dim Sum on this date; they're all packed. I was going to go to Blue Koi and I'd called to see if they were doing anything special for the holiday. I asked about New Year's Eve and listed the date to make sure the trip would be worthwhile. Something must have been lost during the cross-cultural communication because they're closed every Sunday. Oh well, Bo Lings sufficed.

Tuesday was a pretty fun day because I got to go to Chemistry lab. Yes, I am so much of a nerd that I think Chemistry lab can be fun. In my opinion you can't get much better then playing with fire and hydrochloric acid in the same day. We got to see the different flame colors produced with different kinds of metal.

Well that's pretty much been it. A lot of studying with a few moments of entertainment interspersed here and there.


2 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, February 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time I had that much fun with hydrochloric acid and fire was my first day at Gitmo!

 
At 3:53 PM, February 02, 2006, Blogger Trillian said...

I guess I've missed my calling; Gitmo here I come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home